Saturday, August 28, 2010

my old voice

so i found what's been bugging me for days

i need something larger than myself. i need to lose all that makes me who i am on a pathway to something i love and cherish so dearly that i wouldn't mind becoming a bleak spot on its progress. something inhuman something bigger than my fears and boredom something that i would love with my nails in the stone and my face dripping with tears i need something i would waste myself fot a glimpse of its coming something that would make me feel blessed and proud to be a part of something that would take this vacant life and give a different sense of belonging

something that would carve out devotion and simplicity out of this egotistical individual being of mine

something that would give me a purpose a way to lead

what--i can not tell. love tends to do all of that i suppose but i wish for something different. a cause. a center.

a song or a story.

1 comment: