Wednesday, August 25, 2010

sticks and stones

has it not been ages my dearest friends?

truth of the matter is i'm sorta getting better, my throat is still unpleasantly itchy but you gotta suck it up at some point. and the more memories pile up the fewer incentives i find to write about them.

let's start with the simpler ones--the events. last weekend was fun. i hung out with the delegation squad randomly touring town (well random for me-the whole schedule was in fact pretty strict). we went through some wonderful sights--mosques and bazaars and all the touristy stuff--and one especially that had been first built as a cathedral then became a mosque then a museum, was quite breathtaking. i walked around with one of my newly made lovely friends, and we had a blast. daily life feels awfully simple and unimpressive after you walk through beneath those hundreds of years old ceilings.

before that--the girls with curls was back so I had a lovely dinner with her and a few other friends. other than that it's been mostly all work--and for the last few days i was too sick to do anything of worth. though I did take my wonderful friends to my campus--we rolled down the notorious hill with the most beautiful view at our feet, then walked around in pitch black of the night, accompanied by a few friends on four feet--and what can i say, i miss the place. it was like walking through my own back yard. i looked at the benches wishing it was 8 am on a friday morning and i had a book in my hands.

my moods have been a little low for the past few days--first the illness, then the obligatory cancellation of a trip that i was very excited about, and i kinda have this feeling of wanting to just pull back on everything. i feel like avoiding any kind of scenes or anyone involving in scenes, i just wanna sit back and relax and feel like the way i do at the benches with the crows. i can't seem to read and i can't seem to write, i sometimes get mad or envious, or just lazy--but whatever it is i'm not exactly at the top of game.

but either way i can't say anything's been bad, it's just a phase i guess. i don't even listen to music that much. i feel needless of an aim. i could be tired too i guess. my head's not straight.

anyhow take care. i'll be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment