Friday, August 13, 2010

made of paper

darlings

i'm done with my first cup of tea and soon would head downstairs to fetch more-- have my radio on and the windows are open wide but little air comes in. the heat sweeps whatever remains of the daily struggles. it's impossible to feel enthusiastic about any thing in this damn weather.

anywho-- i'm hoping the tea soon would wake me up but who knows, if not you guys just have to put up with my weary ramblings. truth is i don't really have anything major to talk about--except this sudden mood swing i got this afternoon. i felt a little drowsy and depressed in the morning, work had been hell for the last two days with one too many hours every evening, it had been painful to come home in traffic and heat, my body was giving up and my nerves weren't exactly holding their end of the bargain.

adding all to that was the ragged working man crouching by the sidewalk with a worn out plastic plate in his hand having his iftar dinner who in between all my tears made them even flow faster last night while i was trying to make it home

then this morning was pretty much gloomy and all. but work was slightly better and by later this evening i was too busy with sorting out profiles and preparing name tags and arranging proper lists and all that i got sidetracked and lost all about my heavy feelings and uneasiness and instead was filled with warm feelings of home and accomplishment. then i got the chance to do something i hadn't done in a while--sit around at the bus stop for some time and read until the bus arrives. i know it sounds lame but it just lit up my entire day. everything turned cheerful all of a sudden. 30 pages of my good man fyodor and the world is a better place.

i wish i could tell you more but i can't really do so with this weather--you can't even be an observant in this heat let alone a story teller. so i think i'm gonna take my leave now read a little more and then go to bed. if i don't melt into a puddle first.

keep cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment