Monday, May 24, 2010

last thoughts on the 24th of may

so, long day.

not exactly the day i planned, but still, a long one.

more on the emotional side i think, i have this feeling of stretching out the days--you know how you have tons of stuff to do but the time is uber short, but that short time feels like centuries because you're not doing what you're supposed to do?

did a few things i've been meaning to--downloaded exile on main st in its entirety, managed to study a little. listened to a few dylan albums from track one to the last on my way to school, tried to do the same on the way home but dosed off since my body was badly lacking sleep.

there's really not much to say, honestly, been somewhat of a wasted day, i suppose. though a wise man once said "time's not wasted, if you enjoy wasting it" or something similar to that (that very same wise man was staring at me through my tv screen the other day as the corporate giants butchered his liver and as he so sweetly stated, "how's that rock'n roll?" making me think about my own sense of rock'n roll)--anyways that's not really related to the point that i'm making, which i'm not really making any, i suppose, this whole summer deal is suffocating me and my search for something itchier has begun but i feel tired even for that--

been doing some planning and all to not waste the entire week, i'm practically shutting myself to the exterior world to get at least a bit of studying in before the finals rage full force--and i roll over and die.

before i wrap this up--in no way an ending to this very notorious week but--this day is about to let me pass, so i thought i'd put in a few words before i'm done with the subject--the thing is--i don't really have anything to say. the first time i ever realized how great his words was through the song below, it wasn't the first dylan song i listened to, it surely wasn't the last, but it was the one i took notice of his words for the first time. i realized i've been falling into a half a century old trap of trying to explain the guy, but i can't, and i won't, but as i said before, he calms my nerves, and , i thought of it the other day, i listen to him everytime i need a break, everytime i need silence, i listen to him everytime my heart swallows in my chest--it's a fellowship of some sort i suppose--he tames my worries--he as in what i perceive him to me--for he is in fact some little old guy sipping his tea possibly unsatisfied with the way his life turned out to be--everyone is unsatisfied, everyone will be at the end--

happy birthday old fella. take care. be fine. live long to be with your kids and grandkids, and all the precious things life has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment