Saturday, May 29, 2010

soon the desert will be gone

"In the short time i was there, it all came back to me, all the flimflam, the older order of things, but something else too--that my father was the best man in the world and probably worth a hundred of me, but he didn't understand me. The town he lived and the town I lived were not the same."*


B.D. (Chronicles Vol. I)

two things today--

1) an old man sat next to me on the bus in my practically 3 hour way back home, he had eyes so blue that it scared me. never once in my life seen eyes that blue.

2)another man talked to his son/daughter on the phone, saying "yavrum (which is somthing like "my little one") i'll be there in a minute", he was wearing a suit and possibly going to see his child perform or do something, the kindest man in the world, so shaved and cleaned and proper, so secretly proud, so heavy the ages on his shoulders only in a way that can be with fathers so I faced back the window and started to cry. cried silently for a few minutes only because fathers are sad and proud, and fathers are tragic--

had the weirdest dream today--spent the whole night in a Rolling Stones show. yummy yummy dream.

and bob week of course--



ps: if i had spent half the time i spend posting here on my studying, my finals wouldn't have sucked ass, i suppose. like last night, out of the blue, I stopped studying and began reading chronicles--and the best part that i read the parts that i had almost skipped the first time--cause i thought they were boring--and last night those were the only pages i ever wanted to read

* i do not mean to disrespect anyone's privacy i just thought that part was related to the post today--though i feel wrong already of having posted it

No comments:

Post a Comment