Sunday, April 18, 2010

words of kindness linger on

considering that one of my last year's new year resolutions was to spend some more time trying to figure out the phenomenon that was john lennon, and with the contributions of a friend that can be i guess be wrongly (as all labellings are) labelled as somewhat of a beatles-spirit (which i guess makes me in person a dylan-like--and as horrible as it is to reduce a person to such monolithic layers i do have to say as a dylanite, dylanesque, dylanish or however you call it persona that at one point of another very vivid yet blurry distinctions occur in the corner of the eyes of a dylan-like spirit and a beatles-like one that falls somewhere between the lines of the differences between lennon and dylan themselves) and his goodhearted attempts of answering my questions-- I thought I might as well dwell back into the fab four for this very beautiful sunday (in which i have absolutely no interest in studying and hence my downhill career and success according to them categories of them pointy hats that is)--

anyways so i've been playing their records back to back and i remembered (last night that is, and even directed the question to my friend who responded in a way that i hadn't thought of ever responding to such a question--i have said before "all his/her/their songs are great, there aren't any bad ones" but never in my life said "you can't have one strict favorite--it changes through time") how much i loved this one song and thought i'd post it here after all--




ps: just noticed my growing dependency on brackets. sorry if they're causing confusion, that results not of your incapability of following, but my incapability of being simple and precise.

No comments:

Post a Comment