Thursday, September 24, 2009

101

so apparently, before i knew it, we made it over 100 posts.

so I chose to talk about it. You know, the big issue. The cause of the greatest illnesses and the merriest joys, the thing that makes you cry and makes you laugh, the thing that can pump your heart right outta your chest or can make it stop dead in its spot. That one little word that opens up every door--mankind's most vulnerable soft spot. Those four letters that can make it spin, or make it ground.

It is just a four letter word, as someone once wrote, you know. Believe it or not, it is made up of four letters, and comes out of your mouth and disappears into thin air.

Yes, children. It is love.

Since I lack major experience on the matter, but too much confusion; I'm not gonna say much on it. But a friend of mine got me fooled for a minute today, and I believed something wonderful had happened to her. I was filled with joy and happiness and I wanted to know all about it and hear all about it--but there was that sharp, instant little pain in the left side of my chest, that just appeared and stopped right after. And that's when I realize, that unless you're fully an angel or completely fooling yourself--everybody gets that feeling of "why not me" in the pit of their stomach one time or another, over "the" issue.

SO that made me think of all the women we blamed up to this day, the women we made scapegoats out of--women who were at fault at times by the way--but we slashed them and torn them and accused them of breaking up friendships, killing their significant ones, or making them meet their ends. Like I said, some mustta had something to do with it all, but some maybe, just didn't. What am I getting at? Well, it's bullshit, ladies. All of it. The real truth is that we wanted it. We wanted to be them, we wanted songs to be written about us, we wanted to change someone's life. So kid yourself all you want, but I got it all figured out.

We just wanted what they had. It's not even who they had, it's just that they had'em. So, I apologize from all the women I've accused up to today. I should have been more honest. Not that any of you were true angels or anything, but I should have seen it before.

So maybe, it'll be more clear now. All we can really hope for, after all, is just what D.T once wrote: "Though lovers be lost, love shall not."










and a nameless thousand more.

No comments:

Post a Comment