Tuesday, January 11, 2011

red red rogue

ah. sleep. i need you so bad.

it's been a long day--lovely one, though. the weather was insanely good in the morning. i sipped my golden coffee by the benches and had that spring mood settle in. then long hours of debate and joking with friends (including my ability to speak 'like an essay') then a so-so final.

funny thing that i named one of my essays as 'personae' obviously referencing to the amazing pound collection of poems but i doubt that it'll be appreaciated.

well, well. i still have somewhat of my bubbly mood left. i'm tired physically and a little frustrated with finals and all that, but i still look and sound better than most. the school's a wreck, you see miserable people everywhere. i don't know what it is, and i don't know how long it'll last, but this beautiful buzz keeps me going these days. not that anything changed, but seems like something gave me a push. i'm all joyful and joking and hopeful. whaddayasaytothat. life made me a hopeful, idealist, imagine kind of dream-junkie.

we talked about towns today--about london and paris and what attracts people where. a friend of mine upon me claiming there was only one place i'd like to see in paris rolled her eyes in a sweet way and let out, "the gravesite, isn't it?" with another strange story-like friend we spoke of home and camels and traveling.

i am so tired that my brain's working slowly. i'm gonna cut this one short before it gets boring. i got joni singing in the back. now she's something. tells you how mighty a woman in love could be

cheers lovers

Come on down to the Mermaid Café and I will
Buy you a bottle of wine
And we'll laugh and toast to nothing and smash our empty glasses down
Let's have a round for these freaks and these soldiers
A round for these friends of mine
Let's have another round for the bright red devil
Who keeps me in this tourist town


No comments:

Post a Comment