Saturday, July 10, 2010

born to run

i meant it when i said busy days busy nights kill the poet.


some nights though are a tad more worth the hassle than the others. like the night before- i met with 2 of my closest friends-- people i grew up with, people who were there possbily when i first liked a boy or when i first tried a cigarette-- who both had been a bit off my reach for various reason first one simply out of inconvenience of the daily life the other more on my mistake anywho--we met we dined we drank and we remembered how simple life was listening to old heart broken high school songs and trying to take a perfect shot of the lemon sideways on a tequila shot-- the old days of childhood and exaggeration--so we sat at some back alley bar and and smiled contently as the cigarette smoke danced around in waves of forgotten memories and we tried to fill in one another with the haste and enthusiasm that belongs to people who know that time passes no matter how much they love and cherish one another--


with promises made and mistakes noticed we split up in the pitch black night. oh before i forgot--my dear friend who now finally says what he thinks-- to some extent at least-- my dear dear friend called me up in the blue and i told him how much i've been enjoying his pysche--it made me appreciate once more the sanctity of the spoken word--made me appreciate the poets more than anything and I know one of them possibly whitman could be ginsberg too stood up and took a deep pleasant happy breath and smiled knowing none of his work had been in vain

you may have noticed that i'm skipping like a broken letter and can not seem to put my thoughts into words as good as i used to so i'm gonna cut this short--but believe me children this little pumpkin of a head of mine works too much anyhow and i still smile when i cross the street as the rain pours down in buckets and my toes are wet cause i'm never weather appropriate--and god give me strength and if he don't exist then somebody else--blake whitman pound kerouac-- don't matter--give me strentgh to never be weather appropriate in my remaining days--ever!





have fun. get wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment