Tuesday, May 17, 2011

let me remember things i love

let's see how all this comes down for i lack any entuhiasm to write these days. but i really don't wanna miss some of the stuff i saw/heard/tasted over the last few days and jack white thinks sometimes all you gotta do is to down to the studio to get a move on with your creativity. and who am i to challenge jack white?

a quick recap. my shakespeare ticket is paid for and done so 24th of june someone will be very happy in london. plus it's going to be my last night so i think it's a wonderful way to end the london week. been up to my neck in visa application--all very unpleasant, but helps you to see everything a bit more realistically (though i'm not sure if that ever helps anyone to accomplish anything). school's been--well, school-like. i have way too much more to do than i can ever put down in words but i don't see how complaining helps. i'm gonna lock myself down though, in the house, for the next 15 days or so, and won't be doing anything but getting my act together for ezra. still am waiting on the blakean vision though. would really appreciate it.

oh the big event of the past week: went to see the band that i was completely in love with back in my high school year. i still do love them and trace back whatever musical taste i have to their tunes. if one was to ask me when i first followed an artist--completely--you know, albums, shows, live tracks etc--it was them. my zeppelin and my doors and even my dylan have their roots in their poetic approach and true rock-n roll lives. plus i put a lotta gloomy teenage love into their words. when i was away they were the only music i took with me to the far away lands that reminded me of roots i once and always had and yet never fully came to terms with. so they meant a lot to me then and i do have to say on different levels they still mean a lot. it was wonderful to go back and revisit some of that, to see some hasn't changed a bit and some had evolved enormously. plus i went there with my high school buddy and ran into yet another high school friend of mine.

then we swung there left and right to some tunes we hadn't heard of before and some we had built memories around. then we moved on to the wonderful view and had a few drinks and all. then went home with a good friend who had generously offered me her couch for the night. some places are just different you know--i think subconsciously i thought that house reminded me of some other house i had been in for i felt not at all foreign but on the contrary almost perfectly at home. she made me a wondeful breakfast in the morning in a way that only people who are further away from the tastes of their childhood days can.

had a run the visa application center today. i walked for so long and got lost several time (still incredibly grateful to that man who knew where my street was and most wonderfully described it to me). i realized today again that time and I--we keep racing each other and trying to conquer one another and my whole life is a battle against time

then went back to school quick to load up my ezra's. running on less than 2 weeks now and i'm still completely blank as far as writing my thesis goes. got myself two more albums of joni, mama just made tea, and we'll see how this all goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment