Monday, June 22, 2009

mayonnaise comes in cans--down the river

All right, Jack, you're wearing me out a little.

Desolation Angels lies in my hands quite often these days but we just didn't seem to be clicking. With On The Road, it was much different and much faster--probably due to the fact that it had an ongoing story, based more on events than on opinions. I like opionated books, I swear I do, but dunno why this one just drags me along. I'm still in the first hundered pages and it's been almost a week since I wrapped up Go! and picked this one up.

I'm holding my breath till it gets to the story part, but i feel terrible for that, cause i feel like i'm not getting it, at least what i should be getting, and that frustrates me. SO I read the lines over and over, trying to wrap my head around it. but i'm not giving up, i will read it to the end and then cast my judgements--for crime and punishment had killed me for weeks before I finished it and realized what a great book it really was. so some times these things take time. And I have faith in Jack.

I'll let you know how it all goes down, the Void.

No comments:

Post a Comment